Many patients visit The Facial Center to find a solution to aging or damaged skin, and there are a variety of cosmetic options from which to choose. PRP Facials and Facelifts are unique treatments designed to restore facial shape and improve the tone and texture of the skin. This progressive procedure uses your own body’s platelet-rich plasma (PRP) to enhance your skin’s healing properties and create a youthful appearance. The distinctive approach to cosmetic enhancement and its outstanding results have led to this treatment’s quickly growing popularity!
The PRP facial is a fantastic option for those who wish to restore their skin’s youthful glow and require moderate skin correction. If you notice a graying skin tone, fine vertical lines around the mouth, a change in your skin texture, or have acne scars, this may be the right options for you.
Patients undergoing this procedure can expect to go through a four-step treatment process:
- Step one: A numbing cream is applied onto the face approximately 30 minutes prior to the procedure.
- Step two: A small amount of blood is drawn from the arm to create the PRP.
- Step three: Using a treatment called microneedling, acupuncture-like microscopic channels are made into the skin. This stimulates the dermis to release certain special active biomolecules into the surrounding skin.
- Step four: Using the PRP created from your own blood, the skin is infused with platelets triggering the growth of collagen, elastin, and new blood vessels.
Many patients and practitioners think of this as essentially a turbo-charged microneedling treatment. Following the procedure and after a short healing period, you can expect to see tighter skin that glows with color and the reduced appearance of any acne scarring.
The PRP facelift, also known as the Vampire® facelift, is a highly popular procedure used to restore an aging complexion, improve facial shape, and minimize the signs of aging. This specially processed formula is best for use as a natural filler for the face, eyes, cheeks, and mouth with immediate results and minimal bruising and swelling.
Many patients in Charleston & Hurricane, WV, prefer this option over the more traditional facelift procedure because surgery is not required. The means that patients enjoy a shorter post-procedural recovery period and they begin to see the results of their treatment quickly!
There are two options when choosing a PRP Facelift, which generally involve two to three steps, depending on the desired result.
- Step one: A hyaluronic acid filler, such as Restylane® or Juvéderm®, is applied to sculpt a more youthful and natural-looking face shape and restore lost facial volume. Sometimes, this procedure can be performed without this additional step.
- Step two: Our clinician draws a small amount of your blood to create the platelet-rich plasma. The treated PRP and the necessary component of the treatment in re-establishing collagen and blood flow. This process rejuvenates your skin.
- Step three: Using a topical numbing agent and a very small needle to minimize pain, your doctor or practitioner will inject the PRP which will activate cells in the skin and trick it into thinking it’s injured. This process will cause the body to generate younger and fresher-looking skin tissue.
Our patients enjoy natural-looking results after a brief recovery period. And, because the patient’s own blood is used to create the PRP, there is a much lower risk of an unfavorable reaction. The PRP nourishes the skin and helps with tissue repair which naturally produces volume in the treated areas.
PRP Facials and PRP Facelifts at The Facial Center
For more information regarding the PRP Facelift or PRP Facial, we encourage you to contact our staff to schedule a Complete Cosmetic Consultation. This will allow our practitioners to assess the condition of your skin and your cosmetic goal to build a comprehensive plan for your facial appearance. Our team is happy to review your concerns to help determine if this treatment is right for you.